Information on becoming a member of the Board and Board of Directors Responsibilities
- Unless otherwise determined by a general meeting, the number of directors shall be not less than twelve. Directors include: officers, the archivist, committee chairmen and directors-at-large.
- Any member of the Association shall be eligible to be elected a director of the Association.
- At the AGM of the Association, the Nominating Committee shall present a slate of officers and directors for election.
- The Directors shall be elected by the members attending the AGM.
- In the event that a director resigns his/her office or ceases to be a member of the Association, the vacancy may be filled for the unexpired portion of the term by the Board of Directors from among the members of the Association.
- The Association may, by special resolution, remove any director before the expiration of the period of office and appoint another person in his/her stead. The person so appointed shall hold office during such time only as the director in whose place he/she is appointed would have held office if he/she had not been removed.
- Meetings of the Board of Directors shall be held at least four times annually (NOT including the AGM). Notice of meeting, specifying the time and place shall be given orally, or in writing, to each director within a reasonable time before the meeting is scheduled to occur. Non-receipt of such notification by any director shall not invalidate the proceedings at any meeting of the Board of Directors.
Meetings are usually held monthly during the camping "off season" (Oct- April).
Directors have the option of participating in meetings by use of a conference call.
- All officers, committee chairmen, committee members and directors-at-large shall serve a two year term. Limit of three terms only in any particular position and then automatic removal from that position, not necessarily from the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors acts on behalf of the membership of the Association and does the work of the Association between the AGM and Special Meetings of the Membership. The Board of Directors may appoint and Executive Committee consisting of the officers and such other persons as the directors decide.